25 July 2017
SUPPORT SERVICES INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY AT SAHA
SAHA is looking for a recent South African graduate with a keen interest in activism, struggles for justice and accountability in South Africa to apply for an upcoming internship opportunity.
ABOUT SAHA'S INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME
All SAHA internships are based at the SAHA offices at Constitution Hill in Johannesburg. Interns are expected to work on a full-time basis for at least 6 months (up to a maximum of 12 months) and will receive a modest monthly stipend for the duration of the internship.
To be eligible for the Support Services internship position, the applicant must:
- Have a demonstrable interest in human rights advocacy and constitutional issues and an interest in building a career in civil society in South Africa;
- Be a South African citizen;
- Be a recent graduate with no prior full-time work experience - preference will be given to applicants who have not previously benefitted from an internship opportunity within a South African NGO;
- Be under 29 years of age;
- Hold qualifications and career aspirations that match the requirements of the internship position;
- Be able to commit to the internship for 6 months;
- Be available to work on some Saturdays and after hours when there are workshops or events;
- Be able to plan, prioritise work, meet deadlines, and work independently;
- Be systematic and thorough in their approach to work, with excellent attention to detail;
- Be competent with Microsoft Office software
Support Services intern will support SAHA's work through gaining practical experience, within a well-established and respected non-profit organisation, of the following key elements of administrative work:
- Provide general administrative support in the areas of filing, document processing, finance and procurement;
- Receive visitors and attend to telephone and email enquiries in a friendly and professional way;
- Support the planning and coordination of SAHA workshops and events; and
- Assist in communication functions, including maintenance of SAHA's website and contacts database.
Support Services intern should have Accounting as a high school subject and a post-matric qualification. Good command of the English language and at least 2 other official South African languages is a must. To apply to be a Support Services intern, please prepare a one-page letter of motivation (no more than 500 words) to:
- Introduce yourself and to address why sound administration and support services are vital to the successful functioning of a non-profit organisation in South Africa.
HOW TO APPLY
- The internship opportunity listed above is available at SAHA from Monday 4 September 2017.
- The closing date for applications is Tuesday 15 August 2017 at 5pm.
- To apply for the Support Services internship position, applicants must submit a letter of motivation, along with a CV (no longer than 2 pages) and the contact details of at least 2 referees.
- Applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com.
- The subject line of your email must include the name of the internship followed by the closing date for applications, and your name - for example - SUPPORT SERVICES INTERNSHIP - 15-08-2017 - JOHN SMITH
- Only complete applications complying with ALL instructions and submitted through the above email address as directed will be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Interviews will be conducted at the SAHA offices in Johannesburg on 24-25 August 2017.
Learn more about what previous interns (and volunteers) have said about their time at SAHA
For more information about SAHA or the internships visit the SAHA website: www.saha.org.za
> Download this advert in PDF